We tend to lead the Discovery phase, in which we seek to understand:
- The aims of the organisation – what success looks like, and how progress will be measured.
- The needs of the various actors in the service – those who use it, those who deliver it, and those who manage and/or judge its performance.
- The hard constraints we’re working within – be they policy, technology, or resource-driven
Then, armed with this insight we can:
- Define a new blueprint or vision for a digitally-optimised service
- Articulate a series of solutions that combine to deliver that vision
- Plan how to test these solutions, and the assumptions that underpin them, in Alpha.
We like to work as one team with our clients, getting everyone involved to build empathy and understanding of user needs.
And we work in the open – delivering show and tells, publishing our work for others to learn from.
Our consultants have delivered discovery work for Royal Navy, DoHSC, Cabinet Office, Bristol City Council, Public Health England, Dept of Transport amongst others.